Japanese glass bead manufacturer, TOHO, has just announced the colors for their 2022 Beading Challenge: “Dawn of a New Day.” This stunning selection of colors of TOHO seed beads along with traditional Czech glass beads from Starman, is just the creative jumping off point that you have been looking for to reinvigorate your designs this year.
Create an original design in the medium of your choice using TOHO seed beads and Starman Czech glass beads from the 2022 Challenge palette.
This year, Eureka is giving away 15 TOHO Challenge Mini Kits to 15 lucky winners, chosen at random from everyone who enters the giveaway! Enter as many times as you like and each entry will increase your chances of winning! Competition ends April 6th and winners will be announced April 7th at noon!
Each Mini Kit contains a random assortment of TOHO Seed Beads and Starman Czech Beads in colors from the TOHO 2022 Challenge Color Palette. Each kit will include different shapes and sizes with a value of $50-$60 worth of beads!
● You are strongly encouraged to use at least some of each color in the 2022 palette to create one eye-catching piece.
● You are allowed to use as many TOHO and Starman Czech beads from the list as you wish, but they must be the exact color numbers on the list. TOHO seed beads should be the star of the show!
● No other seed beads or Czech beads may be used!
● You can add one Focal item of your choice, such as one single pendant or cabochon. For example, a strand of stones (or any other beads not listed above) does not qualify as one item.
● You can use any clasp, findings, backing, threads, and fibers—but make sure they stay within the challenge color palette and are used sparingly.
Send photos of completed designs and submissions to TOHOChallenge@teamtoho.net or message on TeamTOHO’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TeamTOHO/, and they’ll post your design on their social media sites.
The Color Palette
TOHO Japanese Seed Bead Colors:
# PF558 PermaFinish – Galvanized Aluminum/Silver
# PF558F PermaFinish – Galvanized Matte Aluminum/Silver
# 52 Opaque Lavender/Purple
# 262 Inside-Color Crystal/Gold-Lined/Bronze Lined crystal
# 997 Gold-Lined/Bronze Lined Rainbow Light Sapphire
# 763 Opaque-Pastel-Frosted Apricot/Cream Chalk Matte
# 263 Light Capri/Blue-Lined Crystal Luster Rainbow
# PF2125 PermaFinish – Translucent Silver-Lined Light Jonquil/Cream Opal
# 2635F Semi Glazed Rainbow – Blue Turquoise/Desert Sage
# 166 Transparent Rainbow Light Amethyst
# 52F Opaque Frosted Lavender/Purple Matte
# 169 Transparent-Rainbow Rosaline/Light Pink
# 11F Transparent-Frosted Rosaline
# 84F Frosted Metallic Iris – Green/Brown Iris Matte
# SLV BRO-3 Natio Miyabi Silver-Lined Peach Matt
# OP BRD-3 Natio Miyabi Opaque Hibiscus Matte
# TP BRD-3 Natio Miyabi Transparent Hibiscus
# Silk AB2-3 Natio Miyabi Satin Wisteri
Starman Czech Glass Bead Colors:
Luster – Transparent Denim Blue
Sueded Gold Cloud Dream
Iris – Brown
Sueded Gold Provence
Light Sapphire AB
Luster – Opaque Bronzed Smoke
There’s no deadline for challenge entries, even from previous years, send in photo of designs when finished.
If you wish to be considered to be a Featured designer for challenge 2023, you must submit a photo of completed design by September 15th 2022.
If you have any questions, please message the Team TOHO Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TeamTOHO/ or email Rochelle Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org